CALGARY – The City of Calgary has launched a Property Tax Relief Program to help support those impacted by June’s devastating flooding.

The program is for flood victims whose homes or businesses were severely damaged, causing them to be uninhabitable for at least 90 days after the date of the flood.

It applies to all property taxes and enables all those who are eligible to apply for a property tax break for the time their property was impacted.

Story continues below


“The March 3 launch date gives property owners time to apply for the program so that The City can process tax relief credits before the general mail out of property tax bills in May,” said Pat Brown, Coordinator Tax Account Maintenance.

The city has already mailed out 3,400 letters and applications to people they thought were affected by the flood.

Those who qualify will be required to complete an application and provide proof that their property was uninhabitable for over 90 days.

“The application outlines eight different potential documents they could submit,” explains Brown. “Some of them are kind of hard to come by.”

“The last option that is available to them, if they don’t have any of the documentation, is a statutory declaration. They can submit that along with their application,” adds Brown.

The City of Calgary says it’s a three year program, which allows people to apply until the end of 2015.

If you didn’t receive a letter from the City of Calgary, you can call 311 or visit 苏州纹眉学校calgary苏州纹眉学校/taxrelief.

Property owners are encouraged to submit their application and documentation online. However, application forms and documentation can be submitted by:

• Mail: The City of Calgary, Finance & Supply, Tax & Receivables
P.O. Box 2405 Stn M, Calgary, AB T2P 3L9
• Fax: 403-268-1564
• In person: 3rd Flr., Calgary Municipal Building, 800 MacLeod Trail, S.E.

Business owners whose businesses were closed for an extended period due to the 2013 June flood can contact the Business Licence Registration (BLR) at 403-268-5311 to inquire about adjustments to their Business Tax.